Labels

Monday, March 4, 2013

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg


Our daytrip to the tiniest country in Europe!


As is best for seeing most cities, we just wandered around the city streets, stopped in any shops or any monuments or different buildings that looked interesting, and explored.


We had an authentic Luxembourg lunch, which I still have no idea what it was that I ate due to the French menu.  I’ve decided that I like going to the places where there is no English on the menu and it’s hard to communicate with the waiters because that means they are more authentic places, not just for tourists.  I ate my plate of ham on bread with some sause/spread stuff… it was really good whatever it was!


We walked strange, beautiful trails below the city.


The way this area with the lovely nature paths was off a canyon at the edge of the busy business city was absolutely amazing.  It felt like we were in a whole new world.


Here’s an excerpt of me trying to explain this unique city in my journal:

“So basically it’s built on a canyon, and up on the high part is the city (very business, government, conference roomy, not touristy city) while the low part is the spacious, green, beautiful parks area.  It’s a very unique set up and much different than anywhere else I’ve been.  The cutesy low part is beautiful and full of people running.  It wasn’t a super exciting place or trip or anything, but I’m glad we went!”


 

No comments:

Post a Comment