Labels

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Nice, France


The French Riviera is the perfect place for an unreal, beautiful vacation.  As Leigh and Kristin joined Jaime and I, we had the most perfect time in this southern France beach city pronounced "nees".  Here's an entry from my journal to try to explain how it made me feel:


"I was so filled with joy and awe of the beauty and unspeakable amazement that I was really witnessing the sights I was seeing and living the life that I am living, but I couldn't figure out how to express myself.  I wanted to spew out happiness, to flail my arms and scream, but I just had to resort to silence as I tried to really believe that I was where I was and was seeing what I was seeing.  I could not comprehend that this is really the reality of my life.  I am so insanely blessed beyond belief.  I in no way deserve this incredible, life changing experience.  I am just in shock that this is really me traveling the world and seeing these places and living a life better than my wildest dreams.  I feel like I won the lottery, I feel unworthy, I feel so little.  So in awe.  So full of a joy greater and more pure than any I've ever felt before.  This place is heaven.  My life right now beats my wildest dreams.  I am so happy.  I never want to stop traveling."



Anyways, here are the highlights of our time in Nice:


every morning going to this incredible, cute little french coffee shop around the corner from our hostel and getting some of the best coffee I have ever had;



laying out on the beach, reading A Linage of Grace (which is an INCREDIBLE book!);



taking a walk along the beach and climbing up on the rocks to witness the insane, indescribable beauty of the rocks and waves crashing into them;



hiking up the hill through a beautiful garden to an incredible park and insane view of Nice and the shoreline;

 

and eating crepes at a little local hole-in-the-wall crepe place at night, making friends with the guy who works there even though he does not really speak English well at all.


Overall, I love this place.  I love my life.  I love my friends.  I am so blessed and thankful and can't believe the highlight of my whole trip is just beginning!






No comments:

Post a Comment